This recipe can be a go to quick breakfast with a side of fruit and Greek yogurt. You can substitute raisins with golden raisins or even unsweetened cherries, even nuts! This is a DASH diet friendly treat.
- 1 ¾ cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups unbleached flour
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ pumpkin pie spice mix
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together the eggs, pumpkin, honey and oil thoroughly in a large bowl. Gently add in the dry ingredients, then the nuts and raisins (optional). Drop mixture by the spoonful on a pre greased cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.